Friday, October 27, 2017

Haunted

vintage inspired by jackie

My countdown to Halloween continues with today's spooky ensemble! This Vintage Inspired By Jackie x John Varvir skirt ticks several of my boxes: it's novelty border print with a niche pop culture reference that not everyone will get. At first glance, it just looks like a book print (which is cool enough in itself)... and then you realize that it's the Handbook For The Recently Deceased from Beetlejuice. I thought this haunted house brooch from Modern Girl Blitz was a match made in... wherever ghosts go. :) And I love how this Heart of Haute blouse makes the skirt look like it could actually be a dress!

atomic jax
heart of haute
beetlejuice skirt handbook for the recently deceased

I'm really excited for this weekend. I'm not sure whether I'll actually be doing any Halloween-y things, but it's my birthday tomorrow! My mom is making a nice dinner for us tonight, and then I'll be having high tea tomorrow afternoon to celebrate. If nothing else, I'll be eating lots of good food and spending time with people I love – and after all, isn't that what birthdays are really about (when you get older, at least)?

haunted house brooch
heart of haute betsy top
border print skirt
Outfit Details
Betsy Blouse: c/o Heart of Haute
Book For The Recently Deceased Skirt: c/o Vintage Inspired By Jackie
Haunted House Brooch: Modern Girl Blitz
Belt: similar  ||  Heels: similar

handbook for the recently deceased

Speaking of birthdays, if you haven't entered my giveaway yet, now's the time! You could win a different skirt from Vintage Inspired By Jackie plus a whole slew of other *magical* goodies. Get the details and enter here before Sunday!

PLUS, Jackie has generously offered my readers a 20% off discount on this skirt from her shop through the weekend! Just enter the code BDAYSAVE20 at checkout!

Have a frighteningly ghoul-d weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I am DIGGING the darker hues on you - especially this lipstick!! WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...